Digital Photography: Certificate of Achievement
This certificate is designed for students interested in developing a contemporary practice as a digital photographer or assistant, or filling a photographic role in visual communication in an organization or industry.
Photographic Assistant, Digital Darkroom Technician, Color Management Controller, Fine Art Photography, Newspaper Photographer, Commercial Photographer, Portrait Photographer, Editorial Photographer, Documentary Photographer, Digital Imaging Artist, Photo Retoucher.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Critically evaluate and understand the aesthetic, cultural, and political development of Photography in historical and contemporary cultures.
- Translate concepts and experiences through images.
- Present finished portfolio for peer, professional or academic review.
- Evaluate and critique photographic work and receive criticism from others.
- Express artistic intents, concepts, and practices in writing.
|Required Core Courses (18 units)|
|PHOT-120||Introduction to Photography||3|
|PHOT-150||Beginning Digital Photography||3|
|PHOT-151||Intermediate Digital Photography||3|
|PHOT-152||Advanced Digital Photography||3|
|PHOT-180||History of Photography||3|
|PHOT-181||Contemporary Issues in Photography||3|
|Required Electives (6 units)|
|Complete 6 units from the following:||6-7|
|Smart Phone Photography|
|Multimedia for Photographers|
|Photography in a Multicultural United States|