Law Enforcement-Administration of Justice: Certificate of Achievement
The Law Enforcement Certificate provides students with a concentrated program of study in the Criminal Justice system. This certificate does not meet the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) requirements related to the Basic Police Academy.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the history, structure, and functions of the main components of the American criminal justice system.
- Analyze principles and applications of statutory and Constitutional law, particularly the requirements adhered to by law enforcement, courts, and corrections.
- Produce written communications that meet the standards for transfer and a criminal justice system professional.
- Examine critically contemporary problems and issues within criminal justice.
- Examine bias and cultural competence in the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate a work ethic consistent with the expectations of a professional criminal justice agency.
|ADMJ-120||Introduction to the Criminal Justice System||3|
|ADMJ-121||Introduction to Criminal Law||3|
|ADMJ-122||Introduction to Criminal Procedures||3|
|ADMJ-123||Introduction to Community Policing||3|
|ADMJ-124||Introduction to Investigation||3|
|ADMJ-125||Introduction to Evidence||3|
|ADMJ-190||Administration of Justice Internship 1||3|