Child and Family Studies-Associate Teacher with Administration: Certificate of Achievement
The Associate Teacher with Administration Certificate is designed to prepare individuals to be directors of licensed early care and education programs. Completion of this certificate when combined with experience qualifies individuals working in a licensed early care and education program to be an entry level Director of a facility per the Title 22 regulations.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate with empathy to develop nurturing relationships with children parents and co-workers as well as support the parent-child relationship.
- Integrate concepts and components of developmentally appropriate practices into the daily curriculum to engage children at their level of understanding and ability.
- Observe and record children’s behavior to be able to integrate the information gathered into daily curriculum that advocates gender, equity and diversity and meets biosocial, cognitive and psychosocial needs.
- Know, pursue, and implement brain development research and theory in teaching.
- Identify applicable regulations to early care and education.
|Required Courses (16 units)|
|CFS-122||Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children||3|
|CFS-123||Observation & Assessment||4|
|CFS-140||The Child, Family and Community||3|
|CFS-270||Admin & Supervision of Early Childhood Programs 1||3|