Culinary Arts-Advanced: Certificate of Achievement
This program will build upon basic culinary skills, incorporating more complex techniques that are needed to perform varying work duties that require professional culinary training. On completion, these acquired skills will support careers in restaurants, wineries, culinary innovation start-up companies, careers in food writing for social media & other broadcast channels, as well as hotels, special event caterers, high-end private chefs. It will create a foundation for the successful employment of the student into the culinary-hospitality industry.
Cooks, Sous Chefs, Pastry Cooks, Executive Chefs, Executive Pastry Chefs of all calibers: From Stand Alone Casual Operations to Michelin Rated Establishment - Culinary Fundamentals for Food Writers, those Seeking Careers in Social Media & Other Broadcast Channels, Entrepreneurs of Specialty Food Products, Food & Beverage Directors, Restaurant General Managers, Hotel Managers, Sales and Marketing Managers, Sommeliers, Beverage Managers, Chefs working at customizing food for clients at medium to large sized companies/institutions, Writers for food columns and blog, Special Events Managers, Cross Train into Culinary Farming
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate working in a professional kitchen environment observing Health Department regulations.
- Perform calculations related to scaling product quantities.
- Demonstrate advanced culinary methods related to pastry, bread making, and various international cuisines.
- Develop and cost-out a multi-course fine-dining menu including recipes and plate design.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach basic culinary techniques.
- Communicate orally or in writing the culture and history of various international cuisines.
- Evaluate orally or in writing a multi-course fine-dining menu.
- Cook and present food in an environment that engages a public audience.
|Required Core Courses|
|HCTM-100||Sanitation and Safety||2|
|HCTM-110||Culinary Production and Operations For Hospitality Professionals||3|
|HCTM-111||Introduction to Baking & Pastry||3|
|HCTM-190||Culinary Internship 1||3|
|HCTM-290||Culinary Internship 2||3|